Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Arriving in KL

My plane started landing around 7am local time. Flight went really nicely. I enjoyed nice meals, movies and games and of course, some sleep. Points to Malaysian Airlines, absolutely nothing to complain! It took half an hour and there I was on new, inexperienced soil. The airport looked huge compared to Helsinki-Vantaa.

Got out of the plane and started searching directions where to go. Arrivalterminal was really big and there were so many signs showing different destinations so I was first bit confused. I was pretty tired and felt some jetlag striking but I managed to find my way to a train which moved people to different terminal. That reflects the scale of the airport. Never before have I seen people moved via train to a different terminal to pick up their luggage. I was hoping that my backpack would come there.

Got my stuff and headed to localtrain (KLIA ekspres) which would lead me straight to the heart of Kuala Lumpur, central station. Before I left from Finland, I checked that after arriving to central station, I would need to change to a different train which would lead me to a station called Pasar Seni. It is pretty easy to figure that out in your head but it's a whole different story when you do it concretely. Some wondering in morningtraffic and few questions asked and I was on my way to Pasar where I should jump out of the train and walk to Chinatown. That was the place where we had booked a hostel with my friend Timo. He was allready there after checking-in previous night.















Some scenery from KL

Map in the other hand and a cold trink in the other, I started walking towards my destination. Streets were big and readable so I didn't have any problems finding the right address. Chinatown Inn, not so glamourous looking but nice atmospheret hostel what I've heard. Afterall, it's the inside that counts;) Reception guided me infront of the correct room. I was excited. I haven't seen my friend over an year and now it was time to shake hands again. Knock knock...and there he was! Timo "Lepa" Tenhunen live and well.















Buddy old pal

We opened up some welcoming beers and talked through major things that had happened during past year. I was getting more and more tired so I decided to take a few hours sleep before heading to town and do some sightseeing. Timo went to have some breakfast to nearest McDonalds. Lights of and ZzZZZZzzz...

No comments: