Wednesday, April 11, 2007

To Thailand

We then took a plane to Phuket in Thailand. I had allready booked a flight before the trip with a price of 25euros. That's quite competitive I would say. Timo wanted to move to Thailand in a same flight. He booked his flight from Kuala Lumpur and he needed to pay total of 40 euros. Bit more than me but he could live with that.

Flight was really comfortable. The plane was or atleast looked new. Interior was covered with black leather and seats had enough space. We took a taxi from the airport and headed down south towards Patong beach. After we arrived, reality struck us pretty hard: There were absolutely too much tourists there. For example Englishmen running around half naked, drunk, pissing all over the streets and shouting all the time. That wasn't what we were looking for. Well regardles of that, we went to check Patong beach. Honestly it wasn't as nice that I had expected. Maybe it was due the weather afterall sun wasn't shining.















We wandered around the streets of Phuket trying to find some nice place to eat. Prices were pretty high probably because of the tourism but nevertheless we found a place near our accommodation. I have never before tasted thai food so I was pretty excited. Timo descriped me some of the foods in the list and ended up with Masaman curry. Chili and coconutmilk -based sauce with potatos, peanuts and fried rice...and I loved it!!! In Finland I really hadn't had any memorable experiences of chili but now I'm a big fan of it.

With our tummies full, we wanted to have some "dessert" beers and play some pool. Founded a nice place with friendly waitresses. Had a good time just relaxing, playing pool and board games. We also decided to move tomorrow morning somewhere else with less tourists. After thinking a while, the direction we ended up was Krabi and Ao Nang.

No comments: